Energy Performance Services (Solar)
- Solar panels, also known as photovoltaics or solar electricity cells, are becoming an increasingly common sight in our built environment.
- Traditionally installed in the form of rooftop arrays, they capture energy from the sun and convert it into renewable electricity.
- Benefis of Solar:
- Cost Savings - Financial returns and lower monthly utility bills are major incentives for going solar. A solar electric system provides an opportunity for anyone who is looking to reduce monthly utility bills and make a long-term, low-risk investment.
- Increased Building Value - Purchasing a solar energy system will likely increase your building’s value.
- Environmental - Each kilowatt-hour (kWh) of solar that is generated will substantially reduce greenhouse gas emissions like CO2, as well as other dangerous pollutants.
Energy Performance Contracting (EPC)
The concept of EPC is based on profit sharing based on profit sharing agreement between the building owner and the Energy Service Company (ESCO) whereby the initial cost for the energy efficiency improvement project is borne by the ESCO.
The benefits of EPC:
- No capital expenditure
- No financial risk
- Paying for results instead of equipment
- Minimum performance guarantee
- Holistic and Comprehensive Energy Saving Approach
- Technology & Vendor agnostic
- Single accountability